Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mish Mash

Sorry for the absence, but after The Husband's health scare and my (unexpected) 6 day vacation from work, it was hard to get back into the swing of things.

*Work seriously kicked my butt last week. On Thursday, my computer got a nasty virus and wouldn't let me get online, which I need to do for some of my job responsibilties.

*The virus got fixed on Friday morning, but I still had quite a few issues that needed to get ironed out. Computer issues + the half day we got on Friday due to Good Friday (that I had forgotten about) = this girl working a full day anyway (but scoring three hours of overtime - YAHOO!). It was a long week!

*Our first party went smashingly well back on 4/16. It was great to have everyone over and actually still have room to move about. Our old condo was so small and it was difficult to have more then four people over at a time, especially if they have kids.

*It has been raining non-stop (at least that's how it feels) forever! I know I should count myself lucky since it seems as if the rest of the United States is being bombarded by tornado after tornado lately, but I just really wish the rain would stop! I am ready to work on the outside of our house. Plus, I just really want our yard to get a chance to DRY OUT!

*The Husband got me a Pandora bracelet for my birthday. Before I received it, I wasn't sure if it was my taste, but I think I will love it the more beads I add. They have beautiful glass beads that I LOVE and that will help make it more my style. The only problem now is that my two measly beads keep sliding all over and end up next to the clasp :)

*As previously mentioned, there have been tornados and other forms of devastation all over the world lately. Seriously, what is going on?!?! I feel like the world is getting back at us for slowly killing it. You know what I mean? All the hurricanes and tsunamis and earthquakes...and now tornados? I am in disbelief that 13 people lost their lives in Tuscaloosa yesterday. I feel so saddened and helpless.

*I really, really want to go back to Disney World! My parents took our family last April and it was the first time I had been since visiting back in 1999. It was The Husband's FIRST visit and he LOVED it! Seriously, he wanted to buy into the vacation club! Anyway, I am trying to find a way for us to go back, on our own. I am hoping they will offer free dining again over the holidays, because I would love to show him what the World looks like all decked out for Christmas!

*It is almost the weekend and I couldn't be happier! The sun is supposed to be out and in full effect on Saturday so we might actually get to do some outdoor work. Rain until Friday morning, though, so we'll see how much everything dries up!

Hope you are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment