Friday, December 17, 2010

Two Posts in one Day?!? It's a Christmas Miracle!

I saw this over at Just a Happy Housewife. I think it's fun! Feel free to fill it out too!

Tag, you're it! A Christmas Meme

1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Hot Chocolate

2. Turkey or Ham?
Definitely Turkey...with gravy, corn pudding, mashed potatoes and green beans. YUM!

3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
Fake. Next year, we hope to get a real one.

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
YES! My first time ever since moving out of my parent's house almost 10 years ago! I lived in a second story condo for 9 years and now The Husband and I are finally homeowners and can decorate outside - YAY! I wanted to go crazy, but The Husband talked some sense into me and said "No need to do it all the first year." I think he was just afraid of what the neighbors might think :)

5. Snowball fights or sleddin’?
Sledding

6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Yes

7. Favorite Christmas song?
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
Adore them. "A Christmas Story" is one of my all-time favorites.

9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
Is June too early? Just kidding! I usually start to get a hankering for a good christmas carol sometime around the middle of October.

10. Stockings before or after presents?
Before.

11. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
Depends. We split the holidays with The Husband's side so every other year we go to my parent's and on the other years, his family has been coming to us.

12. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
I don't usually read it (but I hope to once we have kids) but I usually hear it once or twice each season.

13. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Clean up, have a drink and relax. Listen to chrismtas music and chat with family, watch christmas movies on TV. My favorite thing to do, once everyone leaves, is to turn off all the lights and lay on the couch with my husband in front of the fireplace or the christmas tree and listen to christmas music and just talk with him.

14. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Pumpkin.

15. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Mall.

16. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
Growing up, we had a family party on Christmas Eve so I would open gifts from aunts and uncles. Everything from my parents and Santa we mostly opened on Christmas morning. However, there were a few years when we wouldn't be home on Christmas morning, so Santa stopped by early on a random night because he knew we'd be gone on Christmas morning.

17. Favorite Christmas memory?
I have a two great memories. One, the year I got my first Cabbage Patch Kid doll. My mom fought tooth and nail for it and I loved her so much! Two, one year when I was a teenager, my family was going to be either up north or on vacation on Christmas Day. My parents took us out to dinner on a random night and we all piled in the car. However, once in the car, my mom said "Hold on a minute, I forgot something..." and went back in the house. Afterward, we went to dinner and came home. We walked into the house and I saw our stockings had been stuffed and the space underneath the tree had been completely filled! Santa had come early, on a Wednesday night!!! We spent hours opening our gifts and enjoying the time together. It was such a magical night and I always remember it.

18. Favorite Part about winter?
The first snow and the month in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love that time of year. It's so festive and everyone is always (usually) in such a great mood! There are lots of get togethers with family and friends and lots of laughs.

19. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment