Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Randomness

The Husband and I frequently joke that we got married way too late in life because we are both completely stubborn and set in our ways.

I love the smell of plastic. Not like plastic cups or garbage bag, but the plastic smell that comes with shower curtains, halloween costumes and ponchos. I know. I'm weird.

My favorit 80's movie is "Better off Dead" with John Cusack.

I absolutely loved (and still love) "Dawson's Creek." Joey and Pacey = TRUE LOVE FOREVER!

I was an extra for 3 days for an episode of "Dawson's Creek." I made an ass out of myself in front of Joshua Jackson and still didn't get the picture with him that I was (and still am) wanting. Idiot.

I made the cut and found myself on television during the sixth season of "Dawson's Creek." There is actually a pretty big close up of my face on the screen and I make the most horrendous face (in reaction to something said by one of the characters).

I love to sing and have a decent voice. I was in the women's choir while in college and did musicals in high school. However, I hate to sing in front of people unless I'm in a large group of people. I get nervous and my voice cracks and shakes.

I love my brother and I know he'd do anything for me, but he is the Golden Child in our family and I kind of resent him, and my parents, for it.

I adore the movie "A Christmas Story" and love to watch it whenever I can during the holiday season (or any other time of the year for that matter). When TBS airs the 24-hour marathon, I just turn the TV on and leave it on all day. My husband (and most of my in-laws) hate this movie and can't stand that I can watch it over and over again. I also own the board game and want to go see the musical when it comes to town this year.

Since the end of June, 2009, I have lost 120 lbs. That's equivalent to one whole person. Insane.

A good friend of mine from high school was married on the TV show "Extreme Makeover: Wedding Edition" and I flew to L.A. (on ABC's dime, natch) and attended their nuptials. It was crazy and an extremely long day, but totally awesome. Liza Minelli (who is crazy in her own right) sang at their wedding!

I LOVE christmas music! I have a ton of songs on my iPod and won't skip them if they come on while I'm listening. I start listening to Christmas music exclusively as soon as they start playing it on the radio (usually at the beginning of November) OR I start listening whenever the heck I want to (usually in mid-October).

I am one of those people who loves their birthday. I know a lot of people dread them and getting older, but it happens no matter how you feel about it. Why not celebrate yourself?!? Seriously, I start "reminding" The Husband that my birthday's coming up at the beginning of the month. It's the one day each year that's about me and my start in this lovely world, so why not enjoy it?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so cool that you went to an ABC wedding, with Liza Minelli! And congrats on losing 120 pounds...I'm inspired by you! I also feel the same way about my birthday - it's my favorite holiday! Ha!

    I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was an insane evening and Liza was acting all crazy-like. They had a NYC themed wedding and she sang "New York, New York" I think. Thanks for the kind words. You are inspiration to me with all your cooking and baking! I need to get into the kitchen more.

    ReplyDelete