Thursday, May 19, 2011

You want how much???

The Husband and I are embarking on a new experience for the both of us, beginning tonight. We are holding our first ever garage sale! The subdivision we moved into has an annual sub sale and we figured we'd take advantage of the free advertising and (hopefully) lots of traffic coming through.

However, neither one of us has ever been involved with one. I have no idea what I'm doing or what to price things at. I don't want to go too high because I don't need anyone saying "You want how much???" but I don't to lose out on making a good deal either by charging too little. How do you know what to price things at?

We've got some big ticket items - a pool table with table top cover, some furniture, an old TV, a never been used/opened christmas tree - and lots of other goodies, such as lamps, books, handbags, home decor, etc. A good friend of ours is also participating and helping out. I am hoping to get some tips from her. In the meantime, can any of you lovely followers help me out? Do I go a little higher then what I'm willing to accept, especially on the big ticket items?

Thanks in advance! I hope the rest of you are experience better (and much drier) weather then I am. It has been raining for three days straight now. I know April showers bring May flowers and all...but this is ridiculous!

1 comment:

  1. Love love LOVE garage sales :) My mother is the master!

    ReplyDelete