Friday, March 25, 2011

Pillow Junkie

I am a pillow junkie. I change them out in accordance with the season. The Husband tries to put his foot down by saying “No more pillows for…” and then tacks on a X amount of time (i.e. five months or until the end of the year), but it never sticks. I can’t help it! I seriously love pillows – for the couches, chairs and beds in our house. I have always been the kind of person who tends to lean toward neutral colors on the wall and adds color(s) with accessories like curtains, wall art, accent furniture, pictures, lamps, rugs…and pillows! Seriously, you can change an entire room up with pillows and some well placed accessories.

I think part of The Husband’s issue is that I sometimes purchase pillows that are so nice and beautiful and, because I want to keep them that way, I tell him he can’t lay on them! Is that bad…? :)

Here are some awesome pillows that I am currently coveting (and apparently, I am a huge fan of Pier One pillows):

Fuzzy round pillow (Pier One)

I have a few oh-so-soft pillows that I bring out in November and leave out until spring and this one would fit in very nicely. Same texture/material, different shape. Plus, one of the other pillows I already have (also from Pier One) has pom-poms on it so this big, round pillow goes perfectly.


Rosey Patch Cream Toss Pillow (Bed, Bath and Beyond)

This beautiful and soft pillow would look so pretty on the new green, lightweight quilt we purchased to change out with our heavy duvet once spring hits.


Bright Floral Chainstitch Pillow (Pier One)

This one would go so nicely with the colors already in our house and our couches. It would be the perfect splash of color for spring and summer.


Tie Dye Stripe Pillow Cover (West Elm)

Reminds me of the shirts I used to make at summer camp. Love the bright colors.


Water Splash Pillow Cover (West Elm)

Love the literal splashes of color on the front of this small, rectangular pillow. Great accent piece with the Tie Dye Stripe pillow above!


Outdoor Kaeden Pillow (Pier One)

Really loving this pillow for our backyard patio! Since we moved into our house just this past November, we haven’t been able to work on the outside at all. I really can’t wait to get outside and clean up our yard and landscaping and also turn our covered back patio into some extra living space with lots of splashes of color. There is an old swing that the previous owner left hanging and I want to paint it this spring (either white or a bright color like lime green or yellow) and this pillow would make such a great addition. Plus, I love the rope trim. I can totally picture it in sitting in the corner of the swing.


Added later, after the part above was already written:
Over the weekend, I headed to Pier One to see if I could make some of these a reality, but I ended up choosing totally different pillows for our front and back porches:






I also got this pillow:


but with a bright white background, instead of yellow, like this one:




Pictures courtesy of: Pier One (obvi), West Elm and Bed, Bath and Beyond.

1 comment:

  1. I have never really thought that much about pillows! These are really cute though!

    I hope you have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete