Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blessings

It's been hard not talking about the biggest thing going on in our life, but I can finally share with the world (or at least 9 of you awesome followers) that The Husband and I are expecting our first child early next year! Our little bundle of joy has blessed us in so many ways and I can't believe it's already been three months.

Baby S. is set to make his or her appearance on or around February 14, 2012. Yes, Valentine's Day. The Husband and I got engaged on 2/13/08, so that is definitely a special time of year for us, but I sort of hope the baby doesn't arrive on V-Day. First of all, we already have two different sets of friends who had their babies on the same day, so it would definitely be a shared birthday. Loving my own birthday as much as I do, I would hate that for our little one :( Also, while we have never been big V-Day celebraters (ors?), I hate to think that we'll never have our own little romantic night out, just the two of us, again. I would never want to leave our little one alone on his or her birthday, just so we could have some alone time on, what some consider, a "Hallmark Holiday."

So that's the news going on in our world. What's happening with you?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations! What an exciting time for you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete