Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I couldn't imagine...

The last few weeks, I have been vigorously devouring blogs about war widows and women whose husbands are deployed. It seriously makes me think about what I would do and how I would cope if something ever happened to The Husband. And the answer is...I wouldn't. I wouldn't be able to cope. I honestly believe I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I would be so heartbroken and saddened to the point where my life just couldn't move forward without him.

I think about these women and how strong they are and continue to be. Some have young children, others are carrying their babies still. And my heart truly breaks for them. I try to put myself in their shoes and the enormous amount of loss and anger I know I would feel doesn't even come close to what they are feeling. Because what they are feeling is real and mine is only how I would imagine it to be.

These thoughts and feelings I've been having over the last few weeks have really hit home with me. They've made me stop and think, more then once, about how I can do better and be a better person when it comes to The Husband. Instead of picking a stupid fight or getting upset over something small, I try to remember these amazing and strong women, who are moving forward in their lives without their whole hearts. I am so very lucky to have my whole heart with me every day.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it terrible? Really makes you THINK about living everyday to the fullest. Not only that, these stories force us to think about the real possibility that we could be widowed. Very sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete