Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Welcome Home!

Well...we did it! We closed on our house last Wednesday, 11/10, painted/cleaned/ripped out carpet on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and moved in on Saturday. Needless to say, it has been an exhausting, exciting, crazy and chaotic past couple of days. I returned to work this morning for the first time since last Tuesday and it was definitely weird to wake up in our new master bedroom in our new home and get ready for work. My routine was the same (pack lunch the night before, watch the news, shower, do hair, get dressed, leave) but it just felt different. Closing the garage and pulling out of the driveway definitely felt different, but it all felt different in a good way. A great way. A phenomenal way.

We got the three bedrooms painted (including all of the trim, quarter round and closets and ceilings) before moving in. The kitchen, master bedroom and second bedroom are all unpacked and organized, minus curtains (Yikes! Gotta remember to be careful getting undressed - HA!) and closet doors (that were taken off for painting).

Many filled boxes remain that I hope to get to before Thanksgiving, but we shall see. I am a Christmas fanatic (I am that person that wants Christmas music to start playing before Halloween) and I can barely stand waiting for Thanksgiving to pass before getting all my holiday decorations out. Some years I don't wait, but most of the time I do. So, I'd really like the boxes unpacked and everything put away and in its place before I get out the Christmas stuff, however I might have to settle for putting some boxes down into the basement until I can get to them. There is NO WAY I am missing out on decorating for our first Christmas in our new home.

I hope to have pictures of rooms as they get finished, so fingers crossed I actually do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment