Friday, June 4, 2010

Movin' Out!!!

So, this weekend is the big day(s) - The Husband and I are moving out of the condo! For now, we'll be moving into another condo that belongs to my parents. They rent it to my grandma during the winter months, but since it's now summer, my grandma has moved back up north and the condo sits empty. We'll be there temporarily while we save and search for our new home.

Tomorrow we'll be moving the big stuff - furniture, bed, etc. - and then the smaller stuff will follow in the days to come. If the bed goes tomorrow, that means tonight will be the last night I spend at my first home. Sure, I can't stand most of my neighbors and I can't wait until we are out from under their thumb, but I still get a little teary-eyed just thinking about it. I've been praying for this day to come for the last 3.5 years, but now that it's here, I'm scared. It all seems to be happening so fast, but then not fast at all. It's such a weird feeling. This condo is where I first lived, on my own and alone. I was my own roommate for 6.5 years and I'm sad to watch this part of my life become my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment